Wednesday 16 October 2013

New England Photos

Waits River, Vermont, Fall 1998. I have scanned my print of this scene...back then it was all film.
I usually make a trip to New England each fall for a few days just to photograph what I come across while following the back roads. I do have some friends in Vermont which I stop by if in their area. The photo above I took at Waits River, Vt. I actually made a special trip to this location for this photo. It is one of the more photographed locations in Vermont. To get this view with the right lighting one has to arrive in the early to mid morning. As I arrived in town there was two gentleman setting up camera tripods on a driveway up on a hill. It made finding the right location for the photo simple. They where two photographers from Boston shooting the scene for an upcoming calendar.

The photo below I took of the Stagecoach Inn in Waterbury, Vermont. Waterbury is just off the freeway near the ski location of Stowe. I decided to spend the night in town which is a very pretty setting. Waterbury is also the home base of Green Mountain Coffee. I took a walk around town taking a group of night photos. There was some nice reflexions as it had been raining earlier....I was shooting slide film on this occasion and one had to bracket the shots and hope some turn out well when you get home and have them processed....today you just check the viewing screen.

This fall I will be in the Berkshire mountains located in Massachusetts during early November with my friend from Sarina, Don Janes. Don has a really nice group of Canon camera's and lens. Don and I both worked on the CNR railway as engineman and we travel well together looking for interesting views to photograph. We also check out and photograph the local trains running in the area we visit. I will share a few views with you once I return.....George

Stage Coach Inn, Waterbury, Vermont Fall 1991. Once again a scan of my slide.
Looking across the street at the three story Stagecoach Inn in Waterbury, Vermont. The building is still an inn today.
A typical scene one sees on the back roads of Vermont. One of three covered bridges on a back road in Northfield Falls, Vermont, Sept. 2012. All three are within a quarter mile of each other. I decided to walk between the three. There was a couple with their older children and dog also walking between the bridges on this particular Saturday. As I turned around to get a photo of the bridge they were just starting through.....kind of adds to the scene.

Vermonter's reuse almost everything adding to the charm of the state. Here a second mailbox has been added to cover the original. I'm not sure which one is the best shape though.

No comments:

Post a Comment