Wednesday 14 August 2013

Just Back from the North Channel

Wavelength is seen (middle boat)  at the docks in Gore Bay.  It had been a few years since I last was here. I was really surprised how much the marina has changed...and for the better. Also Gore Bay has the best showers and washrooms I have seen up north.
 On Monday Brad and I arrived home or back in Bayfield  harbour aboard Wavelength. For me it was a week up in the North Channel. For Brad it was the end of a 5 1/2 week trip. I had brought Brad's car up to Gore Bay so Jill could return home. Brad and I spent the next week working our way back home. Weather felt much more like fall with sweatshirts needed most of the time out on the lake and waterways. Water temperatures in the anchorage's was about 67 degrees while I was up there. No chance of me going in swimming this year. All and all it was a great trip. I did get a lot of great sunset and sunrise photos as we left many of the locations we visited at daybreak. I will post more photos in the near future...George

Our last layover before arriving home was Sunday night at Kincardine. I got some really nice sunset photos from the overlooking road.

No comments:

Post a Comment