Saturday 30 November 2013

Boy its cold out side,,,well maybe not that cold yet!

In the Berkshire mountains Florida, Mass is far from a warm place during January...Don Jane took this photo of me.
Back in January 2010 Don Janes and I travelled through the Berkshire mountains from North Adams to East Deerfield, Mass. When we climbed the mountain East out of North Adams we passed through Florida, Mass. which is near the crest of the mountain...well  we found Florida was really cold that year.....I mean really, really cold.....our cameras actually stopped operating at one point...I think the batteries lost power or the shutters froze...we had to keep the batteries warm under our coats. I hope my next visit to Florida will be a bit nicer...the only white I want to see is sandy beach white...this past week we had two winter type storms...Sunday we awoke to two feet of snow, then Thursday morning arrived with another foot...we are in for a long winter....George Dutka

No comments:

Post a Comment