Thursday 14 August 2014

Bounty from the Sands

My 2013 collection of beach glass found in a bowl on my boat along with my handbook.
Looking for Beach Glass
Beach's change every day and beach glass comes and goes...a touch of an individual piece carried in a pocket can easily trigger a memory from a day at the lake. During my days at the boat I normally spend some time walking the Bayfield beach. On these walks I keep a keen eye out for beach glass. It seems I can fill a small jar each year...maybe close to full. More people each year are beginning to collect beach glass which is making it harder to find. The glass pieces I am finding seem to be smaller these days. One sees glass in many colours. The most common in my area are clear, brown and green. But each year I do find a few blue and in lucky years a red piece too....red being the hardest colour to find. Some days I come back with only one piece, on others maybe a good size handful.....it sure is a nice way to spend a long walk along the shoreline.....George.

Bayfield beach...looking for glass.

The three photos are taken while I walked the beach Oct. 3 2013. I actually found a good amount of glass that day.....having the beach to myself might have helped. When wet the clear ones look like ice.
On occasion when I have my camera along I may take a photo of the glass pieces as on this day. A clear piece is mixed in with the stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment