Tuesday 3 September 2013

Long Weekend Night Photos

Two stick people are found walking around the lake basin in Bayfield harbour.
On Saturday evening Brad came over for a coffee in my boats cockpit. We were looking out at the berm that divides the inlet from the beach when two neon figures appeared onto the hill. They walked the length of the hill then headed down to one of the sailboats. Brad and I grabbed our camera's and headed over for a photo. We got a few interesting photos. After that we decided to do a night photo session. Neither of us had a tripod but a self timer and picnic tables would work just as well. The night was moonless with a ton of stars. I just set my camera on its back and shot up into the sky. I decided to take a few photos looking into the marina from the hill also. We moved over to the pier after that. A campfire on the beach made for a great photo along with the red  marker light on the opposite pier...what a great night for photos which all began with two stick people...George

This is the scene Brad and I viewed on Saturday night from the berm above the beach. I just laid my camera on its back on the picnic table and took this night shot...amazing what one can see in the sky when there  are no lights around.
From the same location I normally view the daily sunsets I took this photo looking down into the lake basin.
One can see in the middle of this view the transom of my boat Trekker and my dock partner's Chris's Hunter 29 on the left. The red mast boat in the foreground is a nice looking J24.

I took this photo from the pier looking back at a group from our basin having a campfire. I just set the camera on the edge of the pier setting the timer so I could push the button with out shaking the camera. I had to be really careful that I did not drop my camera into the lake. One can see our sailboat masts behind the berm.

Looking across the river from the pier I was standing on I too this photo looking south towards the marker light on the other side. There are a group of large concrete blocks restricting vehicle access to the pier that I used to set my camera on.

No comments:

Post a Comment