Friday 13 September 2013

Last Weekend

On the beach the waves are crashing onto the beach. The wind was blowing  15-18 knots from the NW. I did get out for a great sail that day.
I spent most of last week at the lake. This week I am home for my daughters wedding on Saturday. I got out sailing almost every day last week other than Saturday due to the on and off rain and Thursday due to really high winds out of the North. The air temperature with high north winds was really cool even in the basin. I was glad to be sailing in Bayfield rather than Grand Bend that week. I noted on line the gang at the GBYC debated if they could get out most days. Well I was out getting the last sails of the season in. Brad and I even ventured out for a great sail in 15-18 knots of NW wind, a day one would never consider going out through the harbour piers at the Bend. We were not the only ones out...there where 3-4 other sailboats out also. Sailing out of Bayfield has been a totally different experience this year.

Friday night sunset at Bayfield.
I also got a few great sunset photos that week. On a calm evening I found a few sailboats ghosting along. Two of these I was able to capture in my photo. The weekend finished with the annual Harbour Lights Marina BBQ...George Dutka


In our basin some of the boater have made a table out of a tree stump. They have carved their boat names into its side. On top one can see some driftwood that was shaped into a great image of a goose.
I took this photo about 30 minutes after the sun had set...the same day as the two sailboats seen above. It is kind of the blue hour of the day. There was still a lot of light reflecting up into the sky and into the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment