Monday 20 October 2014

Stormy Days at Bayfield

Compare this view with the one before the storm. The fire pit and log benchs are all gone...along with most of the firewood. There used to be a wooden walkway built into the sand bank which also had solar lights attached...they are all gone also.

A couple of weeks ago a good blow went through Bayfield. Luckily I had my boat out already when it came through. I did show up the day after to put my cover on. I posted a photo by my friend Brad a couple of weeks ago of the water up to the high marks. I was suprised to see the amount of the beach and berm that had been washed away...the power of water...George.

I took this photo on the Labour day weekend of the firewood pile. One can see the firepit and log benches. All is gone including the firewood.

The sand bank that once sloped to the beach is now a cliff about 6 feet high. Some of the firewood washed down the beach a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment