Saturday 19 September 2015

Port Credit Boat Show - 2015

I had never been aboard a Bristol before and this one did not disappoint me.
The Pt. Credit boat show has moved from the end of August to mid Sept. I made the trip this year actually to stop in at Genco Marine to see about getting some work done on my dodger. There also are two other canvas locations in Pt. Credit and at the show I check out...thinking I will give Genco my business...they made my Tanzer sails years ago and did a great job.

Anyhow I did get to the boat show just as the door opened...gives one a better chance on deals at the bargain tent out front of the Mason's store which has changed hands (now Fogh Marine). Although there was fewer sailboats in the water at this years show than in past years (the end of the dock was blocked off which once was part of the show) there was a few builders and models I have never been aboard. The mix of new and used gives one a variety of interesting finds...all you need is the cash...George

This Perry 41 also was something I had not seen before...a great looking boat but way to much wood for me on the exterior.

The teak deck showed signs of past leaks inside...I also found it awkward to board.

I am not a great fan of Catalina's but this one was a really interesting boat to board. The interior was laid out very nice. This boat was very well kept inside and out...if I was looking for a bigger boat and had an extra $144,000 I might look at it again....38ft....2001. The owners are older and looking at getting into a smaller power boat (maybe trawler?).

Guess if you don't have davit's you can just store your inflated dingy in the aft locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment