Wednesday 3 December 2014

VIA Rail to Toronto

The menu. We had the Boston bluefish.
Yesterday I celebrated my 60th birthday with a trip to Toronto with Susanne. As I have a long service pass for VIA Rail it was on them. The main reason we go to down town Toronto these days is to visit the St. Lawrence Market not far from Union Station. We also love to have lunch at one of the many booths. This trip it was fish and lots of it. It is hard to believe in downtown Toronto one can get a great fish meal that one can not eat all of for $10. Well at the market one can.

We spent part of the afternoon walking Yonge St. and can back through the Eatons Center (not sure if it is still call that since Eatons is now gone) and the underground walkway to Union Station

On another note Susanne sure seemed to be on a shopping spree in Toronto...hey I thought it was my birthday?  With the 60th mark one gets their Canada Pension early and yesterday Susanne was sure working hard at making sure it goes to good use....George

My order had 4 pieces of fish, onion rings and a good helping of home made coleslaw hidden underneath.

Buster's fish at St. Lawrence Market. Great place to get a fish dinner.
For some reason Susanne felt like she should spend my first Canada Pension check in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment